top of page

Annulment Information

There are many questions about annulments out there. Please find some helpful information below.


Which type of Annulment is right for me?

Lack of Canonical Form: Myself or my former spouse is a baptized Catholic AND ALSO did not get married in front of a Catholic Priest or Deacon in a church. Note: If your marriage were later convalidated, you would need a Formal Case.


Ligamen:  I was married before and did not get a Catholic church annulment.



Pauline Privilege: BOTH I nor my former spouse are Baptized, and now I (we) want to be Baptized.



Formal Case: All other cases



How do I know if I must present a marriage case to the tribunal?

Anyone who has been married in any ceremony (or who was in a common law marriage which was possible in Ohio until 10 October 1991) and who wants to be free to consider future marriage in the Catholic Church or with a Catholic must present a case.


How do I know what to say?

As for what words to use, pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance and trust that the words will come. The question of when to begin a marriage case is a tough one. Again, pray. When your discernment feels like it is not advancing, perhaps that is when to bring it to a spiritual director.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with the Parish Office to begin your Annulment:  (937) 372-3193

bottom of page